Saturday, April 17, 2010

What are the best research resources for writing about nonfiction topics? How do I access them?

Interestingly enough, I just got me a copy of "The New Oxford Guide to Writing" today, at Barnes and Noble. I like to write essay type articles and blog posts, so I figured why not. It seems pretty comprehensive, and it's not a huge reference book.

What are the best research resources for writing about nonfiction topics? How do I access them?
Of course the internet is a research resource, but what is a good search engine to use. Obviously yahoo and google, but are there any others? MANY. My personal preference is http://www.dogpile.com because it a mega or multiple search engine. For example, it uses ALL of the following: google, yahoo, live search, ask, etc. ALL at the same time. That way you can get all the best searches at just one site. AND NO, I'm not from dogpile.com.





Hope this helps. Look luck in your quest.


No comments:

Post a Comment