Monday, November 16, 2009

What are some good catchy and entertaining art controversial topics/questions to address for a research paper?

I'm a Senior in High School and I need help finding a good controversial art topic/question to address in my research paper in a project for graduation. Please help me

What are some good catchy and entertaining art controversial topics/questions to address for a research paper?
Try this:


Address the fact that many museums carry art said to be the artists, but in fact, are complete frauds. An example is Rodin, Degas, and Rockwell. Check out this guy's blog: Gary Arseneau (you'll have to google him because Yahoo isn't letting me paste his web address here) .... But be forewarned, while I totally agree with this guy, that reproducing someone's art and passing it off as original work, even going so far as to sign their name on it long after they are dead; he can be very very talkative.


Feel free to call him, he will send you all kinds of material about this stuff, but again, he just goes on and on. That doesn't or shouldn't take away from the fact that a lot of the stuff we see in museums, even world-renowned museums isn't actually work done by the artists they proport to be by.





So here's my suggestion: write a more coherant paper on this troubling problem in the art world. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment