Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Research topics has been done by somebody before?

Hi All,





What should I do ?





I have decided my research interest, but when I am searching the materials (related things), I could find other thesis almost the same topic, but this is PhD thesis.





Below are my doubts :


1) What should I do ? can I still carry on my research interest to go pursue my education ?





2) So what is the different between thesis Master and Doctorate programme ?





What I have known is only that you have to have your initiative more to reach the knowledge, (compare to bachelor degree where I have taken that lecturer explain it in the classroom -maybe different country different approaches)





PS. if Bachelor degree, As far as I know, our "bachelor thesis" (what should I call this, every country has different term) is about implementation and analysis after what we have studied as Bachelor degree. Please correct me if I am wrong. How about in Master or Doctorate programme ?





Please share ur experience and idea, I need guidance.





Thank you,


Sandi

My Research topics has been done by somebody before?
Whenever I read a peer reviewed, professional article, I always try to ask myself at the end "what's the next step?" Has every single thing related to your interests been discovered or explored? Of course not. What DIDN'T those other students talk about? Now that we know what they proved, explained, etc. in their dissertations, what can we explore next?


No comments:

Post a Comment